Hi everyone! It has been an extremely long time since I last posted on my blog (over a year, I think!). Life has been very busy and as usual, lots of changes have taken place. Let me try to recap the past year:
- I had been working from home as a case manager allocating home care services to patients and families in Mississauga; however during that time an amazing job opportunity opened up downtown Toronto that I immediately accepted.
- To simplify my life, I had decided not to pursue a second Masters degree (the one that I had initially started).
- To practice more self care and to be able to help my family and others, I completed my level 1, 2 (Advanced), and Masters level training in Usui Tibetan Reiki. I am now a Reiki master.
- My husband’s real estate career has been going really well with him changing brokers to join Keller Williams Realty Solutions and with the creation of his “Buy With Me, Fly With Me” program (imagine the stresses of buying or selling a home and then being gifted a free trip for 2! Who wouldn’t want that??!) https://www.facebook.com/meshmistryrealty/.
- Cubby has been growing tall and thin and is now 4 1/2 years old. She is outspoken, loves singing and dancing, colouring, and is attending junior kindergarten.
I believe that those are the major changes that have happened in the past year. On another note, I see how independent and outgoing that Cubby has become; and I also see how lonely she is at home. It has been frustrating not being able to give Cubby a sibling as I have been trying since the loss of Baby Strawberry. It has been quite a journey and I was referred to a fertility clinic in the process. I underwent panels and panels of testing that revealed that nothing was wrong with me; however the consistency of my cervical mucous was preventing a successful pregnancy. The fertility clinic offered IUF treatment to bypass the cervical mucous; but I could not bring myself to do the treatment. Firstly, I knew that my body had gotten pregnant by itself before and that this was still a possibility. Secondly, I did not feel comfortable injecting myself with hormones and medication. While I firmly believe that fertility treatment has helped millions of couples conceive and that it is a valid option, I just didn’t believe that it was the right fit for me.
So, I did a lot of research, self reflection and determined that the right path to get my body ready for pregnancy was a fertility diet, reiki treatments, visualization and manifestation techniques, positive affirmations, and treatments from a magical man who practices biomagnetism. I know it sounds like an unconventional method to get pregnant, but it made so much sense to me. I will describe the methods below:
- Fertility diet: After having found out that my cervical mucous was the issue due to its acidity, I knew that I had not been eating well and had to turn to a diet that would allow my body to become more alkaline. I found a great fertility diet online at: http://natural-fertility-info.com/fertility-diet?utm_source=Pages-Posts&utm_medium=banner&utm_content=Fertility-Diet&utm_campaign=NFI-Ads by Hethir Rodriguez C.H., C.M.T. I also had numerous visits with my naturopath who I have been seeing since 2006, and added additional supplements such as flax oil capsules, zinc, B12, and magnesium.
- Reiki treatments: While I have been doing my own reiki treatments and picturing myself enveloped in a white healing light every morning, I also turned to my reiki teacher, Theresa for healing and energizing reiki treatments. Although, she has since moved away, these treatments were very beneficial.
- Visualization and manifestation: Since having Cubby and since the loss of Baby Strawberry, the nursery room in our house has not been changed. Every day, I have gone into the nursery to get Cubby’s clothes, looked at the empty crib and basinett, and felt sad that the room was unchanged and stagnant. Losing a baby and having to stare at an empty nursery is not a healthy process to do every day! My reiki teacher as well as others had told me that I needed to start visualizing a baby in the crib, feel the energy of a baby in the room, and sit on my glider chair and picture holding a newborn baby. So, instead of moping around sadly in the nursery, I started to do these things.
- Positive affirmations: I have been doing positive affirmations for a long time and have noticed that they have helped with my anxiety and to set the intention of the day. I found some websites with positive affirmations for fertility and pregnancy and printed them out and read them a few times each day until all of the doubt about being able to get pregnant left my mind. A good website I found was: http://www.natural-health-for-fertility.com/positive-affirmations.html. I also read daily from a great Louise Hay book called Heal Your Body: http://www.amazon.ca/Heal-Your-Body-New-Cover/dp/0937611352/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1454005803&sr=1-1&keywords=heal+your+body.
- Biomagnetism: I happened to run into a friend, and was explaining my struggle with getting pregnant and she told me of a man who practices reiki and biomagnetism. I had three treatments with him, which were interesting and relaxing. Here is a website that explains how biomagnetism works: https://innovativemedicine.com/biomagnetic-therapy/. I firmly believe that he helped me to prepare my body for being able to get pregnant and to maintain the pregnancy.
So after doing all of that work and self reflection and after starting a new job last October, I was very surprised and enthralled to find out that I was pregnant! I took many pregnancy tests to confirm and was in awe as I had been told that I couldn’t get pregnant naturally without IUF treatment. I firmly believe in the mind-body connection and that your health and body are greatly affected by your thoughts. I believe that it took all of these things for my pregnancy to come to fruition.
Needless to say, little Cubby is overjoyed at the news and is anxiously waiting to be a big sister.
I know the process of trying to get pregnant can be frustrating, defeating, and depressing; but there are ways to change your way of thinking and to change your body so that it is more alkaline and able to sustain a pregnancy.
Good luck to those women out there who are currently trying! Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or want to talk.