I cannot believe that 15 months have flown by so quickly! When I began my maternity leave back in June 2011, I felt like I had so much time. Now, I am left wondering where the time went. I must say that I had a very productive maternity leave with no regrets. Here are some of the highlights:
1. I started a blog about my adventures in new mommy hood.
2. I went to the Marilyn Dennis Show.
3. I went to CityLine.
4. I went to Mexico with Cubby and my husband.
5. I went to England just Cubby and I.
6. I joined a new mommy group online and met a great bunch of moms.
7. I attended a mommy-baby exercise class: Fit Mom.
8. I was on the CHCH 11 morning news on tv exercising with Cubby while promoting Fit Mom.
9. I won a $300 baby carrier online.
10. I almost lost all of the pregnancy weight (ohh those stubborn last 6 lbs!).
11. Best of all, I survived my first year of being a new mom and raised my Cub!
I don’t know what will happen when I return to work in a week. It will be quite different from my daily routine now, which is pretty laid back. I am looking forward to having a routine again and socializing with adults, but I know that I will miss my Cubby and wonder what she is up to. It won’t be that hard leaving her as my mom and mother in law will be watching her so I know she will be well looked after. If I have any advice for those new moms out there who are just starting their maternity leave, enjoy every day as you don’t realize how fast it will go. Also, try to enjoy even the bad or stressful times, as those are the times that you will laugh about later and tell people funny stories about. Also, try to get yourself out of the house and meet other new moms. It is really helpful to know that you are not alone.
In terms of this blog, I will try to continue to post, however it may be less often than I have been doing now.